It is important that you take the time to ask yourself questions if you want to spark success. Challenging your mind with the right questions is what it takes to jumpstart your winning spree. You can improve any area of your life by taking the time to examine it. James Allen the author of “As a Man Thinketh said, “For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?” Those are four questions you can ask yourself that will inspire you to move forward and own your success. A quote by Jennifer Hudson gives insight into the importance of taking the time to ask yourself the right questions. She said, “Don’t be afraid of the answers. Be afraid of not asking the questions.”
It is difficult to design your best life without asking the right questions. Here are five of the most powerful questions that will help bring out the best in you and inspire you to build the life you have always wanted:
- Who am I? If you’ve ever seen the movie Zoolander, Ben Stiller who plays Derek Zoolander, a male model looks at his reflection in the water and asks the question, “Who am I?”. It is hilarious, but on a serious note it is necessary to ask that question if you are not achieving the way you hoped.
- What do I want? If you have no idea what you want, you will not focus on getting it. Even if by some chance it comes your way, you will recognize it when it does. That is how missed opportunities happen. Take the time to find out what you really want.
- How may I serve? Believe it or not, we are here to serve and not to be served. There is nothing wrong with being served; however, thinking it is all about what can be done for you is not what winning or becoming a success is all about in life. You have talents and gifts for a reason. Consider using them to add to someone else’s life. You will be surprised by the return you get.
- Why am I here on this earth? We all have a purpose to serve. One of your goals is to figure out what piece of the puzzle you are. In other words, where do you fit in and what valuable contribution are you here to make.
- What are my relationships with others showing me? Relationships help you discover the best qualities about yourself, as well as the characteristics that need improvement. If you are not where you want to be in life, examine previous relationships and your current ones. What life messages are you receiving? Hint: Be sure not to look at what’s wrong with the other party in your relationship. The question is for you.
These five questions are designed to help you do some soul searching. The best part about being human beings is that we are built with the talent to discover solutions. Sometimes the answer comes from within and sometimes it comes from a person. Even if you’ve never met that person before that moment. It could also come from someone you’ve known for a long time, so be careful not to take any answer for granted. The most important part is for you to play an active role in asking questions that will spark success in your life and be open to receiving the answer.
Pat Council is a Goal Achievement Strategist who teaches people across the country how to take their visions of achievement and success from being a thought or a wish to making them a reality. She is the author of the new book Start Winning – How to Achieve Like the Top 8 Percent. She is the host of the popular podcast, Designing Your Life Today.